CFP Woods is focused on providing you with unique, high-quality, competitively-priced thermally modified wood options. We have found that we are the most successful in accomplishing this objective when we focus on our strengths and do not try to be all things to all people. This summary is intended to tell you who we are (and, perhaps just as importantly, who we are not) and how we do business.
1. We are a family-owned and managed business. We are fiscally conservative and strive to use our finite resources to build a solid, responsive organization in a step-by-step, controlled manner. We do not believe in growth for the sake of growth.
2. We are thermally modified wood “investors.” Our portfolio consists of both Ash and Pine species milled into decking, cladding and wall coverings that provides unmatched quality, durability, and natural beauty. We are not afraid to hold large inventories for quick turnaround times when the right opportunities present themselves.
3. We are primarily a distributor. We focus our sales efforts (including our pricing and policies) on developing long term relationships direct to the building trade or through dealer partners. Our focus on partners is largely driven by our recognition that they can bring their own set of expertise to the table.
4. We do not provide take-offs. We strongly recommend that each project incorporating CFP Woods products enlist capable construction professionals who are fully aware of CFP Woods product characteristics so they can carefully consider the implications thereof for the specific location and application in which CFP Woods products are to be used.
5. We sell to our strengths. We focus on developing thermally modified wood products which our sourcing and production activities allow us to replicate. We quote products we are comfortable quoting and then let you decide if our products will work for your project/application. We make every effort to extend our strengths while providing products which we believe will best meet the needs of our customers. We would rather lose a sale than plant the seeds of an unhappy customer.
6.We emphasize that the same characteristics which make our products unique often have practical installation/use implications which should be carefully considered. We believe in telling you what we know about the important physical characteristics of our products (through specification sheets, proposal terms, etc.), while acknowledging there is much we continue to learn. Our focus is generally on the physical characteristics of our products, not on the implications of these characteristics. We are up-front about our policies and terms of sale. In a nutshell, we do our best to “tell it like it is” and then let you decide where and how to use our products.
7. We sell our products “as-is,” with no warranties express or implied, except for any limited protection provided by CFP Woods current Product Liability and Return Policy.
8. We sell our products by empowering our independent sales staff with knowledge and providing them assistance through the entire sales cycle. It’s truly a “team effort”.
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing. Pele’